Barnes, a Virginian, is a graduate of the University of Richmond, Va. She has lived in Southern Pines for 40 years and is the mother of three children and has eight grandchildren.
Read Cos’ monthly book reviews, click below:
- May 2013: "I Shall Not Hate" and "Mark! My Words"
- April 2013: Girl in Hyacinth Blue
- March 2013: Secrets of Shakespeare's Grave
- February 2013: Listening to Color & The Intimate Lives of the Founding Fathers
- January 2013: Code of the Forest
- December 2012: Sea Change & The Wet Nurse's Tale
- November 2012: The Cove & Paul Newman, A Life
- October 2012: On Folly Beach & The Chaperone
- September 2012: The Story of Beautiful Girl & The Queen of Palmyra
- August 2012: Book Review: Before Scarlett: Girlhood Writings of Margaret Mitchell